Saturday, November 24, 2007

Xmas is fast approaching

and as usual life goes on its merry beat.

For the past 24 hours the house has been a hive activity with the arrival of Elisabeth to complete the family visiting for Thanksgiving. Not that we actually celebrate Thanksgiving but with everyone away at college or working, its a good time for a family get together.

The biggest drama (because there has to be drama in holiday weekend) was the upstairs toilet overflowing this morning and first time we noticed it was when Emily heard a dripping sound behind her as the water came out the air vent in the ceiling. Now we have the constant drone of fans as the downstairs bathroom cupboard and the part of the games room carpet dry. Just confirms that the US has the crappiest plumbing system. Very rarely had blocked toilets in the UK and here we have them on a regular basis, normally however, we spot it before any damage is done!

The past week I have been busy getting the house tidy and gifts for Xmas. As usual I have left the gift buying for my family to the last minute which isn't so great as I have to post them to get to Australia, France and the UK.

It doesn't help that I am not feeling so great to be honest. My stomach feels like its expanding by the day although my weight is actually going down! My back is killing me, so sitting in this seat at the PC isn't really helping. Everything seems tight around my waist so I can't get comfortable. Basically, I just feel bloated, uncomfortable and miserable, although having all the kids helped with that. How can you be unhappy when you are laughing and joking with your kids, its just a brilliant feeling to be honest.

The other part of my week was spent searching for a suitable gift for my folks, Golden Anniversary. Boy! that was a difficult one. Me and my sisters have already bought a joint gift for them, tickets to see Spamalot in the West End, London, that was a relatively easy decision to make. But getting a personal gift was almost impossible. Of course the best gift would have been if I had been there for their anniversary dinner on 8th Dec but with the rate of the pound against the dollar, 1 for 2, and looking for a job (which I have for the next 5 weeks, thank God for seasonal work), it was out of the question. However, in the end I think I found the perfect gift, bare rooted roses to celebrate 50 yrs of marriage plus 1 each for the birth of my sisters and I, 5 in total.

2 comments:

Papoosue said...

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for your comments. Looks like you decided to come over after all - won't they be surprised!!!!!!!!

Middle Child said...

Lovely to still have both and all parents...a gift indeed.


Re health problems... have you eliminated all gluten from your foods...?
Taken out all breads except those flat breads you can ger and get organic if you can there is sooo much shit in the others.


Naturopathic pro biotics can help not the crap yoghurt with a few mill of whgatever they say but solid stuff which only a naturopath can access... might help.

Have you been on antibiotics lately in the last 3 years?

If your back problem is connected to compressed discs and seperate from tummy problems... try sleeping in a fietal ball...that opens up the spine and takes pressure off the discs...helps me a bit...
all the best