Friday, March 09, 2007

wasting time again!

Every morning this week I have been promising to myself that I will not spend hours on the PC wasting time and actually do all the chores I know must be done! So here I am at 10.03, doing just that.

I subscribe to bloglines and for most of the week I haven't been checking in on most of sites, as I think to myself, I will only be waylaid by all these interesting sites with all their crafty news or witty comments on life. However despite this avoidance tactic I have still managed to while away the hours until suddenly it time to pick up Emily from school. Just as well Emily is still at school or it would be 6pm before I knew and Gordon walks through the door. Now that wouldn't be good!

Anyway the biggest thing that has kept me occupied in the last few days has been my Wacom Tablet which I actually bought several years ago. I installed at the time but just didn't have the inclination to work with it, seemed like too much work. However this time once I got it reinstalled I have discovered what a wonderful tool it actually is especially the Classic Paint program that comes with it.

As well as playing with this, I have been spending time on my stitch class which is really wonderful. However, I have come to a deadlock with my latest piece and as usual rather that tackling it, I am avoiding it. Although in a way I think I am working on it, as I decided to do another traditional based sampler. I don't wont to give up just because I am frustrated as I really do want this embroidery thing to work. One of my biggest problems in life is my unwilliness to just get on with the basics of a skills and wanting to go ahead to quickly.

This morning I have been checking the bloglines, acknowledging that I am going to be sitting here rather than do the filing, taxes, bedroom, loos, bathrooms, washing, ironing, vacuuming, shopping, and the other mundane things of life. Reading one of my blogline regulars, I came across another expat blog, a lady based in Switzerland which made me think about a couple we know who are based in Colombier. I have no idea where this in Switzerland but the thing that is amazing is that despite not having seen each other for the past 15 yrs, we still keep in touch. In that time our kids have grown and are now flying the nest. I hope we get to meet up sometime soon.

1 comments:

Middle Child said...

No worries Jaqui...we are al doing it...s'okay. No one is being hurt and I feel I have connectred with some really good people...how can that be bad?