Friday, February 01, 2008

Cedar Fever!

it started last night with sneezing, watery eyes and a increasing headache, its the dreaded cedar fever symdrome. When I first moved here, I thought whats all the fuss about but as the years have passed and the effect on me has gotten worse, now I know what all the fuss is about, believe me.

Unfortunately I ran out of my usual allergy medication and hadn't gotten around to buying some more. Last night in a last resort, I actually took one of Gordon's pills and this morning my symptons weren't so bad but the grinding headache was still there. In addition to the headache, everytime I blink, I get this awful 'zooming' sound in my ears which is obviously the air pressure in my sinuses going up and down.

I had taken a painkiller in the early morning but it did nothing to my headache so I took a vicodin substitute we have around and that has helped somewhat with the headache but it still there grinding its way over the right side of my head and behind my eye. So basically I feel like crap!

Today I was meant to be volunteering but as I tearing up so much and my head hurt so much, I had to reluctantly call in to cancel. However, I did volunteer on Wednesday, unexpectedly as it was that time for the volunteer fair at the University of Texas. I was meant to start at 10 but Martha is so busy she completely forgot I was coming so I had to wait for her before I could set up. Which meant I had a chance to see the new exhibition, The Virgin, Saints, and Angels. It is a wonderful show but then I am a sucker for religious iconography anyway. I don't think you can beat painting from that era where religion and painting were intimately involved. Mixed with another culture and it becomes another creature altogether.



Over the last couple of days, I have talking with Elisabeth a lot and it is so good to hear her excited about something again. As I mentioned in a previous post, she is becoming frustrated with her search for work related to her degree because although she interviews well, she isn't getting the jobs because she doesn't have enough experience (she has been told that.) On top of that, she is missing the stimulus that studying gave her (weird to think that studying can give you kick). So she has bitten the bullet and is actively looking for a graduate course, she wants to do. If all fails, she has at least got the graduate place she gained at San Marcos but she wants to broaden her horizons, so that is really a last option. She would still be in TX though as out of state fees are prohibitive to say the least, they are bad enough in state!

Anyway, thats all for now, hopefully I will feel better tomorrow as the cedar count is meant to be down today but they expect it to high tomorrow. By then though, maybe the allergy medication will have kicked in.

0 comments: