Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just a brief highlight of the last 2 weeks


as I really am struggling to get back into the swing of things at the moment.

The main reason for my visit back to the UK was to celebrate my Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding anniversary. It was all a huge surprise cooked up between my youngest sister and I, so that is part of the reason I haven't been posting so frequently of late because I knew eventually given my excitement I would write about my coming visit.

However, I managed it, right up to the last minute, I even phone my BIL's cell to pretend I was still in Austin and was so sorry I hadn't managed to get over but you know, job and all that jazz, just wasn't possible. As I walked up my Mum and Dad's backs were facing me and I tapped on Mum shoulder. As she turned I said, I thought I should say my message in person. The look on Mum's face was unbelievable, at first, I think she thought she was hallucinating then the realisation it was actually me, sunk it and she said 'but you are in Austin:o .
A good night was had by everyone I think and it was the first time in 24 yrs that all 4 sisters had been in the same room, so it was a very special occasion.


Back: Debra, Sarah, Julie and Me
Mum and Dad


My Nephews:
White shirt, the oldest, Matthew, His Brother, Gary,
in his lap is Matthew's son Kyle, Adam, my youngest sister's son and
to his left is my niece's boyfriend.


Charlotte, my youngest sister's daughter with
Chloe, Matthew's daughter


My Mum and Dad with my sister Debra's
youngest, my niece, Bronwyn (Bronnie)




1 comments:

Middle Child said...

That is so wonderful... aprecious time for all of you. You are so very lucky to still have both your mum and dad alive... but I am sure you know this.