Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Hogmanay

Can't believe 2007 has ended so quickly.

We had a fabulous Christmas with all the kids home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Spoilt the kids again, Alan will be 21 next Christmas so he will definitely not get so much. This Christmas, his last before he really turns into an adult, he was treated extra nice with a brand new mountain bike. I suspect the sweater he will receive next year might not be so exciting, I know Elisabeth is a little disappointed with Christmas these days (on the pressie front anyway). I know I wont be so happy when we get to one present each, I love getting presents, giving as well as receiving. Ah, well I suppose, that is what growing up is about.

On Christmas eve we had our regular games night brought forward from Boxing Night as Emily and Alan were working on that day. The other change we had was having our Boxing day breakfast in the evening as Emily started work at 7am, way too early for a big breakfast. Still not used to not having Boxing Day off despite the fact Boxing Day in the UK, it is not a complete holiday as it used to be when we were young. Even when Gordon and I were 1st married, most shops were closed with only the little corner Asian shops open but now its just another mad day at the shops:(

Below are some photos taken over the hols with my new Sony dsc w55 camera, which was a complete surprise present from Gordon. Apparently it was noticed I was borrowing the kids smaller digital cameras over the last few months.



Alan

Me

My New doll (present from Elisabeth)

Emily making mince pies with us looking on.




Elisabeth getting ready for games night 2

Finishing off the mince pies


This afternoon Gordon and I are off to First Night in Austin which is a family friendly event to celebrate the New Year. Will wait and see if we actually bring in the New Year in downtown Austin or here at Home.

Anyway, here a Happy New Year 2008 to all of you and your family.

0 comments: